Saturday, July 4, 2009

yipeeeeeee

I am typing this blog from my brand spankin' new Macbook Pro. It's a beautiful day. On top of which, if you purchase a computer from Apple up until September of this year, you get a free iPod Touch. Guess who has a free iPod Touch? Me :)

Originally I planned on getting the desktop version. I was really impressed with it when I went into the store. The screen is massive! Then I thought to myself, a laptop is a much more practical choice in the end. I can carry it with me if necessary and it wouldn't dominate my entire room. If I really wanted to get a big screen, I could buy a separate one.

The total amount really hurt my soul, but I just have to get over the shock of spending the most money I've ever spent on something in my entire life.

It's hard to believe that the computer is mine. When I was in school I always rented my Macbook because I never had enough available funds to outright purchase it. When the school year was over, it was a sad day when I needed to return it. Much to my chagrin. I would grumble and complain about having to use my crappy PC for the summer until I could be reunited with my love. Again, a shock that this baby isn't going anywhere.

I'm off to watch The Fall by Tarsem Singh. I've heard good things.

3 comments:

Rebel Mel said...

I have wanted a macbook for so long, but I have horrible credit, and it's far too much for me to save up for right now.

I bought a netbook, and I absolutely love it. It's tiny, and cute. I think maybe one day I will get a desktop mac, but for now, the itty bitty computer has got my heart.

Cass said...

I don't think I've ever heard of a netbook. I'll have to google that!

I felt the same way, I coveted a mac computer ever since I used one for my program in school. I never had enough money to outright purchase one, so I just rented. When the school year was over I had to give it back for the summer, and go back to using my shitty PC until Sept. I treat my computer like a child haha.

I'm not sure, because you said you have horrible credit, but you might be able to get approved for a Future Shop/Best Buy etc. credit card. Then you can pay in installments. I don't think the Apple store does anything like that, though.

heavealie said...

what mac created 10 years back Microsoft is introducing the same things in windows 7 now haha mac rulez!!Don't know why but i still prefer Microsoft more compatible with it!!enjoy your mac and yeah i also have a i pod touch its one hell of a gadget!!